If you haven’t been to class yet, or have stopped coming, I hope to see you in 2017 – classes resume week of Jan 30. Line Dancing is great exercise for the mind and body!
For daily/weekly blog posts – see updates below
- Brisbane and Gold coast and Pottsville classes up and running
- For more information on times and venues click here – or ring/email me.
- Please join our Facebook group page here!
For all 2017 parties click here
- Sat arvie – Mar 4 – dance party Gold Coast – all levels dancing from 1pm
Mini scoot – week of Feb 27
If you haven’t been to class yet, or have stopped coming (horror!!), I hope to see you in 2017. Remember Line Dancing is great exercise for the mind and body!
You don’t need a partner for this fantastic physical and brain exercise. Easy dances to start with and lots of repetition. If you’re a novice beginner I have a special for February: 8 lessons for $70 (paid upfront – conditions apply) OR $13 per lesson and “pay as you go” novice dancers will get early intermediate lessons (straight after Beginners) free.
Lake perseverance dance weekend Book the date 31 Mar-2 April 2017 – monies and booking forms are due by Feb 20 or late fee of $20 will apply
- 2 nights accommodation (ensuite with each chalet style room)
- 5 meals & morning/afternoon teas
- 3 dance parties
- 2 workshops on Saturday, and other sports activities at the centre.
- Money due by 17 feb or late fee ($20) applies
- Open to all linedance groups – fantastic dancing in a beautiful setting.
- booking/info form click here dance weekend info brochure and booking form
Mayworth – May 4-7, 2017
- Taking deposits for accomodation for mayworth 2017 – $50 (due by 1 march) in an envelope with your name, and mayworth on the front to secure your place
BBCMF (broadbeach country music festival) july 28-30, 2017
- was awesome!!- don’t miss out on this very reasonable and close accom to the free music festival – taking deposits $50 (due 1 April) in an envelope with your name, and BBCMF on the front to secure your place
contact details have changed – I have changed internet servers and home number, please change your records
- I have a new email addie – firstname.lastname@example.org (if you are not receiving emails anymore let me know)
- Mobile: 0403225313
- home: 0266764600
available for corporate and private functions, demos, team bonding etc
“Dancing….the sheer joy of moving to music.
Creating beautiful shapes in space.
To enter that fantastic world of make believe.”
Feb 26 What is a miniscoot? Next one is this week starting mon Feb 27
Lots of dancing for revision.
Please bring a small plate to share if you are staying about 1.5 hours into class (day) or 1 hour into class (evening)
Lunch stuff for day classes and a very small plate for night classes, and participate in some social mingling to get to know your fellow dancers (only 15-20 min break). Pottsville class won’t be having a miniscoot this week as the kitchen is being renovated – class as normal!
A mini-scoot occurs every 5 weeks. I still teach the beginner and early intermediate and intermediate session with no change to format – practising our dances from the last few months
Feb 24. Party at Brissie this sat Feb 25. 1-5pm. Finnish Hall – 62 Newnham Rd Mt Gravatt East – $15. Air conditioned hall. Beginners get a walk thru and your dances will be done twice. But all levels split floor dances through out the afternoon from 1pm. Money squares raffle – $2. Please bring a plate of food for supper – preferably savoury, sandwiches, fruit, cheeses, hot nibble food.
Feb 23.What is a miniscoot? Next one is week of Feb 27. A mini-scoot occurs every 5 weeks. I still teach the beginner and early intermediate session with no change to format.During the intermediate session time, we practise our dances from the previous few months, with a small break for a cup of tea.Dancers are asked to bring a small plate of food to share and participate in some social mingling to get to know your fellow dancers (only 15-20 min break)
Feb 16 – DEMO – help needed urgently – We have been invited to do a demo at ‘nightquarter’ a fantastic market and music venue NightQuarter at Helensvale this saturday 18 feb at 6.30pm.Winterbourne // Floating Bridges // Jason Temple = ArtistsBourbon masterclasses, beer appreciation, adults-only bourbon desserts and a huge range of mouth-watering food. This weekend is going to be huge!This would be tremendous advertising for our classes. It is only for 30mins – i will be teaching a small dance and we may only dance about 4-6 dances other than that – easy fun dances that look good/good music etc – please i need your help!! – wearing dallas linedancing shirts and i can bring along some spares if needed. Need about 6 (or more) people. Please message me if you can help!! ta in advance
this saturday!! arghh – help needed just for 30 minutes!
- Feb 15 – another $50 raised for Robyn Dale and her family – grand total of $217.50. Thank you all
- Feb 8. We have raised over $134 for Robyn Dale so far (which is helping towards 2 car seats for the twins and a booster seat) – still have this and next week to donate – see post below re car incident. All donations are welcome – we look after our line dance family X
- Feb 5. One of our group – Robyn Dale who was involved in a car incident last week, saving 3 of her children from a burning car. Her mum, Noelle Clark was also saved by passersby. Their personal belongings – phone, handbags, children’s car seats and belongings etc were destroyed in the car which exploded seconds after they escaped. I am kicking off the donations with the proceeds of last Saturday’s raffle, please help out if you can – there will be a container at class for any money donations for the next 2 weeks
- Feb 4. Absolutely blown away! First class at Pottsville this morning and we had well over 50 (haven’t counted yet)!!! Am so impressed with everyone who turned up, it was hot! it was humid! but we all gave it our best – am sure most of us wanted to walk across the road for a dip in the crik (thank goodness the cornflake weed looks to have disappeared)
Thanks to all for your support – spread the word – you were all fantastic!
Love being back in my home town – took me 15 secs to get to the hall!
We even had some improvers – taught – ‘i love you’
and some low interm – taught – ‘love junk’
thank you Heather Shepherd for your help and support down the back
- Feb 2. First week back has been fab – looking forward to the new “Potty” (Pottsville) class tomorrow friday feb 3 at 9.30am (nsw time). Had some very keen and motivated beginners at both G.C and Brissie classes, and was thankful to see all the dancers back from last year in the other levels. We really enjoyed learning Chris Watson and Simon Ward‘s little early interm dance ‘love drunk’ and in the interm – ‘ain’t misbehavin’ (have been trying to get to this one for ages and the accolades it has received recently was the catalyst for me to “just do it”!!). Also gold coast party this sat feb 4 at our new venue at arundel/parkwood community centre at 1pm – see you all on Sat!
- Jan 28. Classes resume the week of Jan 30 – can’t wait!! And our new Pottsville class starts on Friday Feb 3!!!
- Jan 28. Lake Perseverance Dance weekend bookings and payment are required before Feb 17 (or will attract a $20 late fee) for camp Mar 31/April 2 lake-perseverance-dance-weekend-2017
- Jan 22. We had a wonderful dancing day yesterday! Am so proud of our collective memories – shows that you learn the dances well and the continued practice makes us proficient – well done!! Big thanks to Kay Chapple and Pam Probert who filled in on the door! Also appreciate the continued support of my Gold coast dancers and other dancer friends who travel for the brissie parties (as do the brissos who travel down to the sunny gold coast do’s!) And for those who continuously help behind the scenes – setting up and down, kitchen duties, helping me pack up and to all the dancers yesterday – thank you for a great day! Makes my trip up and down to brisbane a pleasure
- Partaaay this Sat jan 21 at Finnish Hall, Mt gravatt east – 1pm sat arvie jan 21
- What a blast of a party yesterday, so encouraged by the numbers at our first party at Arundel/parkwood community centre on the Gold Coast -thank you all for your attendance – please see some photos added to the party album in the gallery. Next mid vac party is in brissie on Sat jan 21st – so as to keep our memories intact!
- Jan 7 – today sat 7 jan dance partaaaaay 1pm
- Jan 5. More Pix and videos added to gallery
- Jan 3. Dance party event page on fb – sat jan 7 dance party
- Jan 2. One of my first friends in linedancing – Rozanne Wild – has passed away, my thoughts are with family and friends.
My name is Shane and I am Rozanne’s eldest son. Mum died yesterday and (with my brother Chris Wild) I will be handling her affairs. We will keep Mums Facebook Rozanne Wild page open so all her friends can send their condolences. It is a very sad start to the new year. Funeral details will be posted when we know.
- Dec 29. A post from Tom – Jann Linnane‘s son. I will be attending the farewell for our lovely Jann on Friday Jan 6
This is Tom Linnane, Jann’s son. As some of you may already know, Jann passed away on Christmas Eve after a yearlong cancer diagnosis.
Jann’s farewell will take place at the Mt. Thompson Crematorium on Nursery Rd (Holland Park) on Friday January 6 2017. The service will be in the East Chapel commencing at 11.30am. We would love to see you all there.
I am sorry for your loss. Mum was an amazing woman and she will be very much missed by everyone.
My number is 0439153738 if you have any questions/concerns. Alternatively you can contact me on Facebook. Warmest regards and sorry again, Tom
- Dec 20. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who came along to our Dallas Linedancers Christmas party – I had such a lovely relaxed day and was so overcome at times – looking out at all of the amazing people who were dancing, and having a great time with their mates.
Also a massive thank you to all those who came early and helped out with decorating, cleaned up, helped in kitchen and aided the beginners. We all belong to the “dancing family’ and I am so proud of you all.
A big thank you to Kay Smith and Sandy Sutton, who are always helping on the door, and came early to Carole Stirling’s house to help me carry the hampers. Ta for some unexpected pressies as well!!
First time in months that I have slept in till about 8am this morning-must have been buggered!-BUT…your continued support and patronage make my trips up and down the coast so worthwhile!!!
Wishing all of my wonderful clients (who are all friends), and my line dance mates from afar – a safe, happy and relaxing Christmas and Happy New Year! Will see you at the first mid vacation party on Sat January 7, 1pm at Gold Coast.