If you would like to be on my email database and haven’t received an email in the last 2 weeks with up dates please pm me your email addie – i have lost all contacts. the new emails are now coming via a google group page – dallas linedancers – this is not spam but your updates on parties, events
- Dallas Linedancers Brissie Social SUNDAY 22nd April 2018. Starts at 1.00pm
all levels of dancing (beginners get a walk thru and your dances will be done twice)
BUT all levels split floor dances throughout the party
Great revision for classes!
FINNISH HALL 62 NEWNHAM RD, MT GRAVATT EAST
$15 AIR CONDITIONED!!
Money squares – $2 or 3 for $5 or 7 for $10
please bring a plate of food to share for supper – preferably savoury, sandwiches, fruit, cheeses, hot etc
- So looking forward to resuming our Wednesday morning class tomorrow morning Wed april 18 at the Gold Coast – see you there!
Wednesday Morning: Arundel/Parkwood community Centre (across the road from) 172 Napper Rd, Arundel
(Entry is across the road from the provided address, driveway is located behind the school)9:30am – Beginners
10:30am – Early Intermediate
11:15am – Intermediate
- Any dancers wishing to come to Perso (lake perseverance dance weekend april 13-15) on Friday night party (come as you are theme) and Saturday night (purple/black/silver theme) are very welcome – $15. If any wishes to come to any of the 2 Sat workshops – please contact me – 0403225313
- Final payment for “groundwater” accomodation (broadbeach country music festival) – $130 due by end of April 2018 (have had to bring date forward for payment to make sure that all spaces are taken) – please place money ($130) in envelope with name and groundwater final payment on front
Dallas Linedancers will be doing some demos at the Pottsville and District Men’s Shed on overall Dve in Black Rocks to help in the Seniors Event 10.45- 11.30am on Sat April 7. Come along and you may even get up and learn a small dance! We have classes every Friday – 9.30am at the Pottsville community hall, Tweed Coast Rd. Have had a few pull out re line dancing demo this morning (Sat april 7 (10.45am start – but be there at 10.15am) at men’s shed at pottsville (overall dve – black rocks). Please!!! if you can help out come along
- No classes Easter Friday/ Easter Monday and Wednesday 4th April (council have taken over the hall).
All other classes as normal – tues 3rd and friday 6th.3rd april(tues) and 6th april (friday)- MINISCOOTS – bring a plate – no change to class format9th april mon morning class Gold coast starts at 10.30am (delayed from 9.30am normal starting time) till 1.30pm to allay effects of Comm games traffic. Miniscoots only for mon 9th (starting time is delayed until 10.30am for day class instead of 9.30am (day and evening class).There is no class on Wed 11th gold coast – due to Com games.Tues 10th and Friday 13th as normal
- No class this Friday 16th March (Pottsville)- all other classes as normal
- Miniscoot week March 5-9. Normal classes! no change to teaching format. If staying 1.5 hrs into day classes bring a lunch plate (hot nibblies, sandwiches, fruit, cheeses) and 1 hr into night classes (Monday 7.30pm) bring a supper plate. I supply tea and coffee. Always a good revision week!
- Gold coast party Saturday arvie social 3rd march. 1-5pm split floor (plenty of dancing with all levels PARTY FORMAT mar3 (SM)2018
- Brissie Sunday arvie social 25th Feb. 1-5pm – split floor dancing with all levels PARTY FORMAT FEB 25 (SM)2018
- Lake Perseverance dance weekend 13-15 april – Lake Perseverance dance weekend 2018 – last chance to pay money before late fee is due (sat party 3rd march)- $179
- We have had such a wonderful start to classes – loving all the new beginners and of course all of the returning line dancers – everyone is pleased to be going over some of the dances from last year as well as learning a few new ones – see here a video of a split floor from tues morning class – Elvira/ Missing
- Saturday SOCIAL -GOLD COAST – Feb 10 – see dance format DALLAS A4 FEB10 (SM)2018
1-5pm – Fantastic revision and fabulous fun!!
DALLAS A5 2018 PARTIES boldDallas Linedancers
- First Brissie SOCIAL 2018. Saturday arvie Jan 27 starts at 1.00pm – FINNISH HALL 62 NEWNHAM RD, MT GRAVATT EAST $15 AIR CONDITIONED!! see dance format DALLAS A4 Jan 27 (SM)2018
- what a fab social we had last saturday on the gold coast – was blown away with the support – these parties are certainly keeping our brain working by retrieving some of those elusive steps – next social during the break is in brissie on sat 27 jan – see gallery for more pix and video
- social at gold coast on Sat arvie jan 13 starts at 1pmDALLAS A5 17 18 MID VAC bold
- Lake Perseverance Dance weekend bookings and payment are required before Feb 16 (or will attract a $20 late fee) for camp april Lake Perseverance dance weekend 2018
- what a fab party at Pottsville on sat jan 6 – see gallery for photos
- Woodford Line dancing! Going to Woodford???
- Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Dance Experience – Line Dancing Sunday 31 December 8:00pm – https://workshops.woodfordfolkfestival.com/products/hold-me-closer-the-tiny-dance-experience-line-dancing-br-wednesday-27-december-9-00pm
- Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Dance Experience – Line Dancing – Sunday 31 December 8:00pm – https://workshops.woodfordfolkfestival.com/products/hold-me-closer-the-tiny-dance-experience-line-dancing-br-sunday-31-december-8-00pm
- First social of 2018 – Sat 6th January – Pottsville community hall 1 Tweed Coast Rd Pottsville 10am – 2pm (11-3 DST). Bring a plate to share for lunch and then can go for swim after/ beach worming, bbq or fish and chips on the beach ( just across the road from the hall
- mini scoots – bring a plate lots of revision! – ready for big xmas party on sat 16
- xmas hamper tix on sale
- Brissie Sat arvie social 25th Nov. 1-5pm – split floor dancing with all levels
- Sat arvie social gold coast- 11 Nov, 1-5pm
- Miniscoot week is 13- 17 November, see files for more info
- Woodford Folk Festival – already a group of us going!! who is coming too?? Dallas Linedancers are pleased to announce that we have 2 gigs at this upcoming festival – so stoked!! 27th dec 2017 and 31 dec 2017
- SAT ARVIE SOCIAL -GOLD COAST – 11 Nov, 1-5pm
- Lake perseverance dance weekend. Spaces still available- Book the date 3,4,5 NOV 2017 – see attached file – includes 2 nights accom (ensuite with each chalet style room), 5 meals & morning/afternoon teas, 3 dance parties, 2 workshops on Sat , and other sports activities at centre.
Theme for sat night is red and black!!
open to all linedancer and groups – fantastic time in a beautiful setting. See brochure
- Melbourne Cup Function – Nov 7 – please R.S.V.P with what you are bringing please (sit down lunch) first hour normal beginners class – after that – split floor dancing, sweeps, lunch, watch the race!!melbourne cup(A5) 2017 day (2)
- just a reminder about donations to the xmas hamper raffle – a tin or packet, bottle of etc would be much appreciated – hamper donation box is at class
- Saturday workshop tickets for Dance Fusion (oct 28) available. Contact Chris Watson and join Dee Musk, Niels Poulsen , kate Sala , Simon ward, Maddison glover , Luke Watson , bill larson , chris Watson , Roxanne Moates ,Tracie lee and more for an awesome day of dance this Saturday. This only applies to the workshops on the Saturday which is a great opportunity to meet and experience these wonderful fun teachers from all over the world (including aussieland) .The social Saturday evening is sold out
- Brissie Sat arvie social Oct 21. 1-5pm – all split floor dancing with all levels from 1pm
- BEGINNERS COURSE STARTS WEEK OF OCT 9 (Pottsville on 13 Oct), all classes go!!!
- Gold Coast Sat arvie social Oct 7. 1-5pm – all split floor dancing with all levels from 1pm
- Mini scoot week 9 – 13 Oct – see “classes” and scroll to minscoots for more info
- BREAKING NEWS!! – PUBLIC HOLIDAY SOCIAL ON MONDAY MORNING 0CT 2, PARKWOOD/ARUNDEL COMMUNITY CENTRE – (172 HOUSE NUMBER ACROSS THE ROAD) NAPPER RD ARUNDEL, BEHIND THE SCHOOL PARKING AREA – $15 AIR CONDITIONED!!
- BEGINNERS COURSE STARTS WEEK OF OCT 2, NO CLASS ON MONDAY NIGHT OCT 2
- Monday public holiday SOCIAL on 2nd October – starts at 9.30 with normal beginners hour (split floor dancing at back) then from 10.30 with all levels of dancing – bring a plate to share
- BEGINNERS COURSE starts again week of oct 2 – Brisbane and gold classes and Potty
- SAT ARVIE SOCIAL -GOLD COAST – 7 Oct 1-5pm
- Miniscoot week is 9- 13 October, see files for more info
- BBCMF 2018 (Broadbeach country music festival) was awesome – I have already booked for next year 27-29 july 2018 but have had to pay out big deposit for each of the 5 units – so if you wish to guarantee your space – at least 3 nights – (these 20 spaces will go very quickly) – already 10 spaces filled!!- put $65(first night deposit) in an envelope with name and BBCMF 2018 on front
- Lake perseverance dance weekend was fab! – Book the date 3,4,5 NOV 2017 – bookings and payment are required before 8 sept so that late fee is not charged – see attached file
- Sat arvie party at gold coast on Aug 5
- Line dancing! Pottsville Community Hall 1 Tweed Coast Road, Pottsville -Beginners starting now! Dallas Linedancers – debbie 0403225313 or dallaslinedancers.com
- Sat Sept 16 – Doomben country music raceday – should be a blast!!- if not helping out with teaching and demos and wish to buy a tix – go to http://www.brc.com.au/country/ http://www.facebook.com/events/123199441612725/permalink/126342491298420/
- 2017 COUNTRY MUSIC RACEDAY – email me please if interested in helping out with this event – Saturday, 16 September 2017 Doomben Racecourse
- Sat arvie party june 17 – Brisbane – all levels dancing from 1pm
- class is CANCELLED on Gold Coast today – wed 14th. I am not safe driving today from Pottsville as it is blowing gale winds and torrential rain and feel unsafe on the roads. I also don’t know whether I will be able to get home to Pottsville if it continues to flood down my way. It has been and still is, really bad down here since yesterday lunch!! Please pass this on to your contacts who come to class. See you at the party in brissie on Saturday 17TH June!!
- Beginners course(2017) – starts week of june 5
- Pottsville class Friday june 2 starts at 9am (this week only)
- Sat arvie social june 3 Arundel/Parkwood community hall – gold coast, 1pm start
- Dallas Linedancers are celebrating their 23rd birthday party on Sat 20 May in brisbane. 1pm start – Hope to see everyone come along and help me celebrate!!
- Mini scoot – week of 15 May – no change to normal teaching format – just bring a plate if staying 1.5hrs into class (all classes except Pottsville)
- May 4 – May 6th Sat arvie social at Gold coast – 1pm
- April 29 – There will be no class on Monday night 1st may (labour day public holiday) at springwood (progress hall) – but there is a class/social during the day at the gold coast – hope to see some of those from monday night pop down during the day for some dancing – https://www.facebook.com/events/1845096742420600/
- April 27 – New beginners course starting in Pottsville on Friday april 28
- April 26 – Labour Day social – May 1 – starts at 9.30am with a beginners 45 mins class (if only coming for class – $13)
- April 25 – May 1st MAY DAY SOCIAL 2017
9.30AM progresses on to social – finishing at 2.00pm – $15
PARKWOOD/ARUNDEL COMMUNITY CENTRE – (172 IS THE HOUSE NUMBER ACROSS THE ROAD) NAPPER RD, ARUNDEL, UP THE DRIVEWAY BEHIND THE SCHOOL PARKING AREA
beginners get a walk thru and your dances will be done twice
BUT all levels split floor dances
Money squares raffle – $2
please bring a plate of food to share for supper – preferably savoury, sandwiches, fruit, cheeses, hot etc
- April 23 – Anzac Day social: 10am – 2.30pm – Brisbane – all levels of dancing ANZAC DAY 25 APRIL 2017
- April 22 – Dallas linedancers saturday afternoon social – Finnish Hall, 62 Newnham Rd, Mt Gravatt East. AIR CONDITIONED!! Beginners get a walk thru and your dances are done twice $15
- April 20 – Pottsville Line dancing resumes on April 21 (every Friday 9.30am) at the Pottsville community hall, 1 Tweed Coast Rd. Opposite Ambrose Brown park. New beginners always welcome 0403225313 Dallas Linedancers / dallaslinedancers.com
- April 15 – And no class on Easter monday either – resume as normal on tuesday 18 april
- April 10 – Potty peeps – no class on Easter Friday – see you at pottsville class on april 21
- April 7 – Dallas Linedancers – sat april 8 at gold coast (dance party 1-5pm), i will be donating the profits ($) from the raffle to the local flood appeal – also, if anyone has any electrical goods in good clean condition (heaters, toasters, microwaves, irons, kettles, vacuum cleaners etc) that they can donate to the flood appeal – i will makes sure that they get to the drop off point in pottsville forthe northern rivers flood appeal and the locat areas of mur’bah, chinderah, tumbulgbum, burringbar
- March 31 – Re perso – after being concerned with everyone getting to perso more than myself and the rising tweed river – i am now sitting in about a 15klm line of traffic which isn’t going anywhere at chinderah!! they said waters would recede after hightide at 3 – but it isn’t looking good – Kim the caterer is going to have a chat to you all, i will turn around and go home and wait until the road opens – could be tonight could be early in morn – am so sorry – will get there as soon as i can!!!
- Mar 29 – Next one is this week starting mon april 3 – What is a miniscoot? Lots of dancing for revision. Please bring a small plate to share if you are staying about 1.5 hours into class (day) or 1 hour into class (evening) Lunch stuff for day classes and a very small plate for night classes, and participate in some social mingling to get to know your fellow dancers (only 15-20 min break). Pottsville class won’t be having a miniscoot this week as the kitchen is being renovated – class as normal! A mini-scoot occurs every 5 weeks. I still teach the beginner and early intermediate and intermediate session with no change to format – practising our dances from the last few months
- Mar 12 – Lake Perseverance Dance Weekend 31/3 – 2/4 – have just emailed the info brochure – please read as this is not the booking form – not too late to book in as we have some spaces left, so let your friends know – there is not long to go now!! if you haven’t received the email with attachment – please pm me
- Mar 11 – Debbie is looking forward to showing everyone a small but fun line dance at 4pm (nsw time) on Saturday at theTweed Valley Relay For Life! . Tweed Valley Relay For Life will be held on Saturday 11 March 2017 at Cudgen Leagues Club, 62 Wommin Bay Road.
- Mar 10 – Party date in May for Gold coast has been changed from 13 May to 6 May
- Mar 2 – Party at Brissie this sat Mar 4. 1-5pm. Arundel/Parkwood community Centre (across the road from) 172 Napper Rd, Arundel QLD 4214 (Entry is across the road from the provided address) – $15. Air conditioned hall. Beginners get a walk thru and your dances will be done twice. But all levels split floor dances through out the afternoon from 1pm. Money squares raffle – $2. Please bring a plate of food for supper – preferably savoury, sandwiches, fruit, cheeses, hot nibble food.
- Feb 26 – What is a miniscoot? Next one is this week starting mon Feb 27 Lots of dancing for revision. Please bring a small plate to share if you are staying about 1.5 hours into class (day) or 1 hour into class (evening) Lunch stuff for day classes and a very small plate for night classes, and participate in some social mingling to get to know your fellow dancers (only 15-20 min break). Pottsville class won’t be having a miniscoot this week as the kitchen is being renovated – class as normal! A mini-scoot occurs every 5 weeks. I still teach the beginner and early intermediate and intermediate session with no change to format – practising our dances from the last few months